OSHKOSH, Wis. - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice-elect Brian Hagedorn says Republicans who backed his successful run this year "saved the Supreme Court."
Hagedorn addressed Republicans on Saturday at their annual state convention in Oshkosh. Hagedorn has deep ties to the Republican Party and had support from many in the GOP during his race against fellow state Appeals Court Judge Lisa Neubauer this year.
Hagedorn will take his seat on the Supreme Court in August.
Hagedorn tells Republicans that his win shows that conservative Justice Dan Kelly can win his race next year. Liberals are optimistic they can win because the election is the same day as the Democratic presidential primary when turnout will be high.
Hagedorn tells Republicans "you can do hard things, we can win this race."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Cops and Bobbers connects kids with police officers through fishing
- Dogs offered free day in park
- Paddle and Portage racers compete for more than just the finish line
- Madison celebrates Juneteenth with local gathering, food, music
- UW police: Man arrested for showing gun after road rage incident at UW Arboretum
- East Madison community responds to Buckeye Road construction