MUSCODA, Wis. - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker will sign Assembly Bill 835 into law Monday at Riverdale High School in Muscoda.
Assembly Bill 835 increases the sparsity aid per student from $300 to $400 beginning in the 2018-19 school year.
Current law states that if a school district’s membership is less than 745 students and the district’s membership number divided by the district’s area in square miles is less than 10 in the previous year, then the school district is eligible for sparsity aid.
The bill will also increase the revenue limit ceiling for school districts to $9,400 in the 2018-19 school year, with the ceiling increasing by $100 each year until it reaches $9,800 in the 2022-23 school year.
The current revenue limit ceiling is $9,100.
The signing event will start at 11:30 a.m. in the Riverdale High School Gymnasium.
- 'There's no feeling': Madison residents, business owners frustrated by flooding unknowns
- Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District documents 6 sanitary overflow locations
- Middleton Good Neighbor Festival still on despite heavy flooding in area
- Portion of Lakeshore Path closed due to flooding
- Sun Prairie football to honor first responders
- Water rescues complete in Mazomanie, 100 residents sheltered at fire station