DANE, Wis. - A GoFundMe account has been set up to help cover the funeral expenses of a little boy killed during a farming accident.
The money raised will also help return Jefferson Rodriguez to his home country of Nicaragua. The 8-year-old and his father had recently moved to Dane County from the Central American nation and do not have any other family in the area. According to the GoFundMe account, the boy’s mother still lives in Nicaragua.
Responding officers determined the boy was accidentally run over by a skid-steer loader while he was working on the farm.
The child’s father was operating the machine.
According to the GoFundMe account, people on the farm remember Rodriguez as a happy boy who loved to wear American flag attire.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Local school supports students' mental health with new 'mindfulness room'
Walmart, longtime seller of firearms, reevaluating position on guns
- Alcohol License Review Committee sends Visions' liquor license decision to subcommittee
- Gov. Evers signs executive order creating task force on reducing prescription drug prices
- Animal-free Venardos Circus running at West Towne Mall until Sept. 2
- Disney Classics returning to Marcus Theatres in September
- ‘It would have been a huge impact': Village happy Cambria plant is being sold rather than closing
- Senate Health Committee hears arguments for and against dental therapists bill