PRAIRIE FARM, Wis. - About 600 people turned out for a weekend fundraiser to help a Barron County family hit by a farm tragedy.
Fifty-one-year-old Dan Briel and his 14-year-old son, David, died on March 24 when they were buried by silage inside a silo.
WEAU-TV reports that about $25,000 was generated during a Sunday fundraiser for the family at Prairie Farm High school.
- 18 wheels for Bubba: How a team of truck drivers worked to make a boy's wish come true
- Badgers WR Quintez Cephus taking leave of absence from team
- 'It's beyond rare:' Waunakee shooting hits close to home for next-door neighbor
- Medical examiner identifies Waunakee shooting victim
- Officials identify Waunakee shooting victim
- Fatal shooting at Lafayette Co. DNR shooting range