MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old Stoughton man was killed Sunday afternoon in a motorcycle crash on Madison's east side.
Investigators said a 51-year-old Madison man was driving east on Cottage Grove Road with his 57-year-old wife and attempting to make a left turn onto Acewood Boulevard when the motorcyclist traveling west on Cottage Grove Road struck the passenger side of the car. The woman in the car was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The motorcyclist was taken to UW Hospital with traumatic injuries and later died from them. Friends identify him as Jacob Williamson, known by many as Willie. They remember him as a hard-working "gear head" and a great friend.
"He always cared, no matter what,” said his girlfriend, Stephanie Hite. “He was always there."
“He was such a loyal friend. I feel like all of us here could have opened him up to anything,” said his friend, Jacob Eugster.
“I would do anything to have him back,” Hite said. “He was the best person to walk into anybody's life."
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Police didn't send hundreds of rape kits for testing
- New poke place opens on State Street Thursday
- Crack, pot, money, counterfeit bills seized during Madison drug operation
- Officials order area to evacuate after 2nd round of explosions at Wisconsin refinery
- Cosby convicted of drugging, molesting woman
- Police: Death of 1-year-old at Sheboygan babysitter's home accidental