FRIEDA A. LANGHOLFF, age 93, of Jefferson passed away December 10, 2017 at the Rainbow Hospice Inpatient Center in Johnson Creek.
She was born on January 2, 1924 in Richmond, Wisconsin daughter of the late Herman and Bertha (Marquardt) Maasz. She graduated from Whitewater High School in 1942. On April 16, 1955, she married Fred F. Langholff at St. John’s evangelical Lutheran Church in Whitewater. Fred preceded her in death on March 22, 1997.
Frieda was employed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Obstetrics at the Froth Atkinson Memorial Hospital for 17 years. For 25 years, she and her husband owned and operated the Langholff Orchard and apiary at Johnson Creek. She was a member of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jefferson.
She is survived by nieces and nephews and her sister-in-law Joan Maasz and many other relatives and friends. She is further preceded in death by two brothers Elmer and Ernest Maasz and two sisters Amanda Dahnert and Hilda Tews.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday December 14, 2017 at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jefferson with the Rev. Joshua Martin presiding. Burial will follow in the Christberg Cemetery. Visitation will be at the church on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of services.
Memorials in Frieda’s name may be given to St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, or Rainbow Hospice
The family would like to thank Rainbow Hospice for the compassionate care they gave to Frieda during her final days
Visit, www.schneidermichaelisfuneralhome.com to leave a condolence or light a candle in her memory.
- Wisconsin high school students learn to take care of piglets
- Man bashes head, spits on guard after submitting to officers at Trader Joe's, police say
- 1 dead in head-on collision Saturday morning, officials say
- Sheriff: Driver appeared to deliberately try to hit deputy while officials responded to crash
- No new DA office prosecutors for Dane County despite shortage
- Students discuss school security concerns