MILWAUKEE - Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group has selected 28 companies to do initial construction on its manufacturing plant in southeast Wisconsin.
Foxconn said in an announcement Monday that 27 companies are Wisconsin-based and one is from Illinois. The companies will be responsible for erosion control, mass excavation, storm water management and testing work. It's the initial phase of Foxconn's construction of a $10 billion flat-screen plant in Mount Pleasant.
Gov. Scott Walker plans to talk about the announcement Monday around the state in Black River Falls, Brownsville, and Racine.
Foxconn says the contracts awarded to the 28 companies are worth $100 million and will create 800 direct and indirect jobs.
The Wisconsin subcontractors and suppliers for the initial site preparation are:
- Hoffman Construction Company, Mass Excavation, Storm Water Management, Erosion Control (Black River Falls)
- Michels Corporation, Aggregate and Underdrain (Brownsville)
- W. Oakes and Sons, Aggregate and Earthwork (Racine)
- Environmental Control Inc., Erosion Control (Franksville)
- Northway Fence, Site Fence (Menomonee Falls)
- Metro Security, Site Security (Racine)
- Payne & Dolan, Asphalt Paving (Waukesha)
- Kapur Associates, Surveying (Burlington) – Minority Owned Business
- Heider & Bott Company, Material Supplier (Milwaukee) – Women Owned Business Enterprise
- County Materials Corporation, Material Manufacturer (Marathon)
- Neenah Foundry Company, Material Manufacturer (Neenah)
- George Schroeder Trucking, Trucking (Burlington)
- Panacea Group, LLC, Trucking (Seymour) – Veteran Owned Business
- MJM Truckin LLC, Trucking (Nekoosa) – Women Owned Business Enterprise
- Tremmel-Anderson Trucking LLC, Trucking (Sussex) – Women Owned Business Enterprise
- CASE Construction Equipment, Equipment Manufacturer (Racine)
- Fabick CAT Racine Rents, Equipment Rental (Sturtevant)
- Otter Sales and Service, Equipment Rental (Burlington)
- Super Aggregates, Aggregate (Waterford)
- Vizcaino's Trucking LLC, Trucking (Oconomowoc) – Minority Owned Business
- Hribar Corporation, Equipment Rental (Sturtevant)
- Lannon Stone, Aggregate (Sussex)
- Johnson Sand and Gravel, Aggregate (New Berlin)
- Quick Fuel Fleet Services, Fuel (Milwaukee)
- Gestra Engineering, Soils Testing Work (Milwaukee) – Minority Owned Business
- Terracon, Soils Testing Work (Franklin)
- Pac-Van, Support Trailers (Sturtevant)
Wisconsin companies selected include Kapur Associates, Gestra Engineering and Heider & Bott Company. R A Seaton Contractor Services LLC is from Rockford, Illinois.
- Silver Alert issued for 82-year-old woman
- Power pole caught fire Thursday, MFD crew responded
- School bus crash witness: 'I almost wanted to cry'
- Severe thunderstorm warning for southern Crawford, northern Grant Co. until 8:45 p.m.
- Busier Memorial Day weekend traffic this year
- 'He's just our own little superhero': 10-year-old boy's organs to be donated after car crash