MADISON, Wis. - Four Star Video Co-Op needs the community's help to move to a new location and stay in service.
According to the fundraising website indiegogo.com, Four Star's current owners are moving on to other ventures. As a result, Four Star needs to raise $20,000 to move to a new location and "ensure that Four Star's unique collection of 20,000 titles continues to serve the public."
The page also notes that Four Star has plans for the future that may include reorganizing as a nonprofit organization.
All donated funds will be held by Arts Wisconsin until the conclusion of the crowdfunding campaign, according to the website.
The store's minimum goal is $10,000, and funds can be accepted until Aug. 29.
As of Wednesday afternoon, Four Star had raised nearly $1,400.
In April, Four Star cut back its hours to 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. and closed one day a week for "the first time our 34 years of operation," according to its website.
If you are interested in helping, visit https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-four-star-video-relocate#/.
Four Star Video is currently located on 449 State St., Suite D, in Madison.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gov. Evers signs executive order creating task force on reducing prescription drug prices
- Animal-free Venardos Circus running at West Towne Mall until Sept. 2
- Disney Classics returning to Marcus Theatres in September
- ‘It would have been a huge impact': Village happy Cambria plant is being sold rather than closing
- Senate Health Committee hears arguments for and against dental therapists bill
- Customers sad to see Michael's Frozen Custard location go: 'It's been here forever and ever'