MADISON, Wis. - The first 1,008 fans at the Forward Madison FC vs. North Texas SC game Saturday will get a free, plastic pink flamingo.
The giveaway is thought to be the largest pink flamingo giveaway ever.
National Pink Flamingo Day, established in 2007, takes place June 23, one day after Forward Madison's home game. Saturday's game will celebrate the holiday with the giveaway and a citywide scavenger hunt for more flamingos.
Gates open at 6 p.m. at Breese Stevens Field, and it is recommended to get there when gates open to get a free flamingo.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Another lane reopens along Verona Road following major construction project
- Two laptops stolen during burglary at downtown apartment, front door left unlocked, police say
- Wisconsin deer stands damaged; animal rights group suspected
- Dane County Jail adds special veterans' housing unit
- Chris Reece says snow is coming to an end, but impacts remain high
- Firefighters rescue dog from downtown rooftop