MADISON, Wis. - The first 1,008 fans at the Forward Madison FC vs. North Texas SC game Saturday will get a free, plastic pink flamingo.
The giveaway is thought to be the largest pink flamingo giveaway ever.
National Pink Flamingo Day, established in 2007, takes place June 23, one day after Forward Madison's home game. Saturday's game will celebrate the holiday with the giveaway and a citywide scavenger hunt for more flamingos.
Gates open at 6 p.m. at Breese Stevens Field, and it is recommended to get there when gates open to get a free flamingo.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Fitchburg police seek help to identify suspect involved in string of burglaries
- State hires special prosecutor to continue investigation into Richland Center police chief
- How perfect cow chips are chosen for Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throw Festival
- ‘It is so critical': With crossing guards in short supply, Baraboo looks to recruit
- Want to help Madison East High School renovate their fieldhouse? Voting for a grant ends tomorrow
- Suspect in fiery crash at Beaver Dam school faces felony charge