ARLINGTON, Tex. - Forward Madison FC's first season came to an end Saturday night at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas.
After sliding into the USL League One playoffs on the season's final day, the Flamingos could not overcome two second-half goals from North Texas SC.
Forward Madison found itself in last place in the league after 10 games, but allowed only five goals in the regular season's last 12 matches.
To show appreciation for their team, the club's supporter group, Forward Union, cleaned up the Tenney-Lapham neighborhood Saturday morning before hosting a watch party.
Forward Union says its members logged more than 100 hours of volunteer time this season.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Adams County man sentenced to 90 months in federal prison for possessing firearms as felon
- Artist to dismantle spire saved from St. Raphael Cathedral fire in attempt to preserve its history
- Snow this evening ending around midnight
- Three new police officers, no ambulance: Police, fire departments react to city budget decisions
- Plover man sentenced to seven years in federal prison for meth distribution
- Man sentenced to 84 months for possessing heroin with intent to distribute