MADISON, Wis. - Two of the most famous former Wisconsin Badgers took to Twitter to fight over cultural perspectives.
Bronson Koenig was trending on the social media site Tuesday night as he tweeted out an article titled,
“White people have no culture,” adding, “sad but true."
🧐😕Sad but true https://t.co/XHYXl4doeU— Bronson Koenig (@BronsonK_24) June 12, 2018
The tweet was liked nearly a hundred times and received responses both for and against. It also prompted a response from his former teammate, Sam Dekker.
Don’t put it in my face that being a white guy is something I’m supposed to be ashamed of. Im proud of who I am and so should you. But youre Native American and also White, BK. This article speaks very many untruths about most of our “culture” that we supposedly don’t have https://t.co/8qA1JY38NZ— Sam Dekker (@dekker) June 12, 2018
“Don’t put it in my face that being a white guy is something I’m supposed to be ashamed of,” Dekker said in his tweet. “I’m proud of who I am and so should you.”
Koenig didn’t respond to Dekker but did comment on others’ tweets regarding his post.
What do you think? Join the conversation and tweet @WISCTV_News3 with what you think about the argument.
- Lifeguards remind parents to keep an eye on kids at pool
- Family brings Scottish Highland dance to Madison
- Parkland students march to Paul Ryan's office, team up with Wisconsin teens for rally
- Gunshot detection technology coming to Wisconsin schools
- Wisconsin district adds breaks amid university flu study
- Racine announces job training program with Foxconn in mind