MIDDLETON, Wis. - Middleton police said they arrested a Fitchburg resident early Sunday morning after the man had a 0.19 blood alcohol content level during a traffic offense, more than twice the legal limit in Wisconsin.
Orville Townsend, 31, was pulled over on University Avenue at Highway 12 at 12:50 a.m. Sunday, according to a news release from the Middleton Police Department. During the traffic stop, Townsend admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages and failed a field sobriety test.
Townsend was sent to Dane County Jail on suspicion of his fourth offense of operating while intoxicated. He was also ticketed on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle after having his driver's license revoked.
- Dozens of cats, dogs adopted during fall adoption promotions at DCHS
- Flood damage needs to be reported to FEMA to be eligible for funding, officials say
- Officials ask for 2,000 volunteers to expand search area for Jayme Closs
- Stabbing near State Street bus stop not random, police say
- Cirque du Soleil brings its first ice show to Madison
- Police investigate KFC burglary