MADISON, Wis. - Two people were hurt in a crash near downtown Madison early Saturday evening, officials said.
Dispatchers said the call came in around 5:18 p.m. for a crash at the intersection of John Nolen Drive and Rimrock Road.
The Madison Fire Department said three cars were involved in the collision that injured two people.
The driver of a Toyota Prius was taken to the hospital, officials said. Firefighters had to extricate a passenger in the Prius who was also taken to the hospital.
Traffic was backed up in both directions along John Nolen as crews cleaned up.
The fire department applied an absorbent powder to the street to contain leaks that resulted from the crash, officials said.
- Middleton Good Neighbor Festival still on despite heavy flooding in area
- Portion of Lakeshore Path closed due to flooding
- Water rescues complete in Mazomanie, 100 residents sheltered at fire station
- 'Water chaos': People in Middleton stranded at businesses and hotels overnight due to flooding
- 'There's water everywhere': Belleville dam breaches, evacuations underway
- Fact-finding hearings set for judge accused of harassment