TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - The town of Beloit Fire Department responded to a house fire that caused $50,000 in damage around 6:30 a.m. Friday morning.
The home, located at 1966 S. Wisconsin Ave., had heavy, black smoke coming from the attic and eaves. Due to the heavy smoke conditions and layout of the house, it took crews extra time to put out the fire, according to a release from the Town of Beloit Fire Department
While no one was injured in the fire, the home sustained severe damage and is uninhabitable for owners Harvey and Wanda Fleming.
- Donation centers hope for spring cleaning spike, amid questions about new charitable tax deduction
- Police address increased police activity surrounding new homeless shelter
- Man accused of assaulting Beaver Dam police officer receives maximum prison sentence
- Lawyers for Marine call 18-year-old Janesville serviceman's stabbing an accident
- Developing winter storm could hit southwestern Wisconsin Friday night
- Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway