MADISON, Wis. - The Madison fire and police departments are investigating a fire at the home of the Madison Mallards as an arson.
Firefighters said Friday afternoon that the fire at the Duckpond is believed to be suspicious.
Just before 10 p.m. Thursday, firefighters responded to a fire inside the park's gift shop.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire; however, flare-ups continued into Friday morning.
Investigators believe there is $150,000 in damage after the building's roof collapsed.
Anyone with information related to the cause of the fire is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-4488.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- DNR rejects Johnson Controls plan to oversee pollution tests
- Former Superior, Duluth mayor jailed in Douglas County
- 2 killed in separate shootings in Milwaukee Monday
- Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates set for first debate
- Suspect arrested in swamp after chase
- ‘She gave us all that love, kindness back': Little girl who asked for dog pictures leaves big impact