MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Air National Guard will be conducting training flights at night this week, officials said.
The training starts Monday night and will go through Thursday night, according to a release.
Madison residents may see or hear F-16 fighter jets taking off or landing until about 9 p.m. those nights, officials said.
Training flights normally take place during daylight hours, but pilots and maintenance personnel are required to conduct nighttime operations as part of their overall training, according to the release.
Officials said pilots will follow flight paths designed to minimize noise to area residents.
- Sheriff warns of thin ice after rescuing ice fisherman
- Friends of Waunakee hope to conserve village's charm
- Boy aims to raise $15K for LCC Comfort Dogs
- Air quality safe for residents of buildings near Beaver Dam burn site, officials say
- Police: No foul play suspected in death of Sun Prairie principal
- 2 men fatally shot in Milwaukee