STOUGHTON, Wis. - The Stoughton Police Department hosted its fifth annual dog swim fundraiser Saturday to raise money for the department's K-9 unit.
SPD asked people to pay $10 per dog that they brought to Troll Beach to go swimming.
The K-9 unit consists of Ole, who helps with narcotics detection, tracking and apprehension, according to Ole's trainer Chad O'Neil.
"[Ole is] basically another member of our department," O'Neil said.
All funds are donated to help support Ole and the dogs that will be trained in after his retirement.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Oregon Community Bank makes $100,000 donation to park renovation project
- Man operating boat near lake channel found dead in water
- Iowa County deputies looking for Farm & Fleet robber
- Juvenile accused of stealing money from her mother, charged with possession of cocaine
- Arrest made in Janesville stabbing
- Middleton Police Chief receives Hometown Hero Award