FAYETTE, Wis. - Officials said a man died Saturday from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound at a Lafayette County shooting range.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office said it happened just before 3 p.m. at the Department of Natural Resources' Yellowstone Lake Shooting Range at 9565 County Highway F.
Deputies, DNR staff and Darlington Area EMS responded to the scene. UW Med Flight was called to the scene, but officials said the man, Noah Ivan Garrett, 19, of Stoughton, died from a single gunshot wound.
Sheriff Reg Gill said the investigation is ongoing.
'So blessed to be here': Middleton woman makes remarkable recovery after ATV crash
Edgewood High School and surrounding neighbors at odds over stadium lights
- Edgewood High School and surrounding neighbors at odds over stadium lights
- Brewers up 2-1 in NLCS after winning Game 3 at Dodger Stadium
- UW police respond to 'bogus' tip at Veterinary Medicine building
- Prairie Du Sac farmer dies after clothing gets stuck in auger, officials say
- Walker announces plans to fund schools, town roads; Evers proposes income tax cut
- 'You just ruined that family's life': Friend of drunken driver who killed man expresses shock