JEFFERSON COUNTY, Wis. - A southern Wisconsin dairy family farm is thanking its community for stepping up to help after a fire left its cows without shelter this weekend.
Dettmann Dairy Farms lost its barn Saturday, leaving 500 cows without a home.
A Facebook post by the farm details how the surrounding farming community stepped up to help the family, finding a home for its hundreds of cows suddenly without shelter in the cold weather.
“[We’re] exhausted, but so thankful for the support we’ve received, especially the farms that took our cows in without hesitating,” the family told News 3.
- Construction to start on $1.1 million project at Alliant Energy Center Coliseum
- 'Significant amount' of rainfall causes flooding issues across Rock County, officials say
- Dane County Regional Airport sees record number of travelers in 2017
- Potosi man faces 7th drunken driving charge, officials say
- 55-year-old pulled folding knife on officers outside pharmacy, police say
- Verona restaurant closes after 12 years