MADISON, Wis. - Madison residents may be able to hear the 115th Fighter Wing of the Wisconsin Air National Guard conducting evening training flights in the next two weeks, according to a news release.
The Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs said pilots training in F-16 jets will conduct nighttime operations some days this week and next week. Takeoffs and landings could occur until about 11 p.m.
The additional flying is necessary because of training flights were canceled during the winter and early spring months due to adverse weather conditions, according to the release.
The operations are scheduled to take place Thursday through Friday and June 17-20.
Officials said the flight paths are designed to minimize noise for residents in the area.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry
- Madison man accused of producing child porn using a cellphone, authorities say
- 24-year-old charged with producing, distributing child pornography, officials say
- South West Madison Employment Center officially open
- Police search for suspect in Lake Geneva home invasion