MADISON, Wis. - Known as Egypt’s Jon Stewart, noted satirist Bassem Youssef will come to University of Wisconsin’s Shannon Hall in November as a part of the Wisconsin Union Directorate’s Distinguished Lecture Series.
Youssef was the host of the most popular television show in Egypt until 2014, when he was forced to leave the country after his heavy criticism of the government. Since leaving Egypt, he has appeared on a range of late-night TV shows, from “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee” to “The Daily Show.”
The show is Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. Tickets are free for UW students, prices vary for other community members.
- District, police investigate, mitigate threat to Baraboo High School over weekend
- Man arrested in death of 14-year-old
- 5th suspect arrested in Lac du Flambeau homicide
- Consumer Reports: Unproven stem cell treatments
- Original Picasso print stolen from Milwaukee art gallery
- Cottage Grove man faces 5th OWI after traffic stop, deputies say