VERONA, Wis. - The Verona Area School District broke ground Tuesday on the new high school.
The nearly 600,000-square-foot building was approved by voters one year ago as part of one of the largest school referendums in state history.
The school will be located near the interchange of Highway 18/151 and Verona Avenue. Tuesday's event featured a first dig and entertainment from the students.
The school is scheduled to open in the fall of 2020.
- 19 additional schools, including Madison, McFarland awarded $1.9 million in safety grants
- Sherman Middle School principal who was topic of former teacher's blog is leaving position
- Beloit students tune up musical skills at first-ever jazz camp
- Dane County executive speaks at Madison College GED graduation
- State officials improving education for tribal youth
- 20 schools awarded $1.3 million in school safety grants, including $188K for Mauston