WHITEWATER, Wis. - A finalist candidate for University of Wisconsin-Whitewater chancellor has withdrawn consideration for the position, according to a release by the University.
All public events related to Louisiana State University of Alexandria Chancellor Guiyou Huang’s visit are canceled, said mark Pitsch, the Public Information Officer with the University of Wisconsin System.
He was scheduled to visit the Whitewater campus on Tuesday and the Rock County campus on Wednesday.
Last month, a panel of University of Wisconsin System regents narrowed the search for chancellor down to four candidates.
Besides Huang, the finalists included Cheryl Green, interim UW-Whitewater chancellor; Dwight Watson, Southwest Minnesota State University provost and vice president of academic affairs; and Phillip Way, Slippery Rock University provost and vice president for academic and student affairs.
The regent committee is expected to interview the finalists on May 17 and recommend one for hiring to the full Board of Regents.
Former Chancellor Beverly Kopper resigned last year after her husband was banned from campus due to several sexual harassment complaints.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Is a $97 million increase enough for special education? GOP leaders say Evers' plan is unrealistic
Group of parents, alumni say they're determined to save St. Mary's Catholic School
- Is a $97 million increase enough for special education? GOP leaders say Evers' plan is unrealistic
- Group of parents, alumni say they're determined to save St. Mary's Catholic School
- Madison middle school recognized as a national leader in college prep
- UW-Whitewater chooses new chancellor following 2 candidate dropouts
- Education advocates, business group expect funding increase
- Grant allows Dane County program to continue after-school services