MADISON, Wis. - Madison College will locate its new south campus in an office building at Badger Road and Park Street.
The location was announced at a news conference on Monday.
The new campus will be located in a building currently occupied by the Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds.
The college also announced $11.3 million in contributions to cover costs associated with phase one of the project. The Irwin A. and Robert D. Goodman Foundation will contribute $10 million and the American Family Insurance Dreams Foundation will contribute $1.3 million. The gifts are the largest ever awarded by each foundation.
Phase one includes the purchase and redevelopment of the property. The facility will include instructional programs in STEM and IT related fields, which will be available to high school juniors and seniors.
“Madison College’s South Campus Imitative will address, head on, vast racial disparities that exist on the south side,” said Madison College president Jack Daniels.
The campus is scheduled to be completed in 2019.
- UW-Madison moves up in 2019 worldwide rankings of universities
- Rock County cuts ties with birth-to-3 provider CESA 2
- Republicans resurrect UW campus free speech bill
- UW-Madison: Cephus attorney's comments on readmission request 'false'; no decision yet
- MMSD fills Mary Burke's vacant seat on school board
- DPI providing $6.5 million in mental health services to Wisconsin schools