MADISON, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources posted on Facebook, reminding people of the state statute that, starting this week, every fourth-grade class can order free tree seedlings from its Forestry Program.
Teachers can fill out this application online to order.
According to the Facebook post, anyone can buy seedlings to help reduce erosion, protect watersheds from floods, reduce ozone and benefit the environment.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Teachers union asking MMSD to reinstate fired Madison West security guard
- Security guard fired for asking student to stop calling him N-word by repeating slur seeks change
- University of Wisconsin enrollment drops 2.6%
- Madison School District notifies parents about possible referenda questions for next year's ballot
- Wisconsin 2nd-grader found vaping in classroom, taken to hospital
- UW regents OK staff to begin drafting plan to punish students who disrupt others' free speech rights