MADISON, Wis. - A second finalist for the open University of Wisconsin-Whitewater chancellor's position has dropped out of the running.
UW System officials announced Thursday that Slippery Rock University Provost and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs Philip Way has withdrawn from consideration.
Louisiana State University of Alexandria Chancellor Guiyou Huang withdrew from consideration last week.
UW System spokesman Mark Pitsch declined to comment on why Way and Huang dropped out.
Their departure leaves just two finalists still in the running -- interim UW-Whitewater Chancellor Cheryl Green and Southwest Minnesota State University Provost and Vice President of Student Affairs Dwight Watson. A regent committee is scheduled to interview them Friday and recommend one candidate for hire to the full Board of Regents.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Is a $97 million increase enough for special education? GOP leaders say Evers' plan is unrealistic
- Group of parents, alumni say they're determined to save St. Mary's Catholic School
- Madison middle school recognized as a national leader in college prep
- UW-Whitewater chooses new chancellor following 2 candidate dropouts
- Education advocates, business group expect funding increase
- Grant allows Dane County program to continue after-school services