MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old Stoughton man was killed Sunday afternoon in a motorcycle crash on Madison's east side.
Madison Fire Department spokesperson Cynthia Schuster said crews were dispatched to the intersection of Cottage Grove Road and Acewood Boulevard at 1:26 p.m. for a report of a vehicle versus motorcycle crash.
Investigators said a 51-year-old Madison man was driving east on Cottage Grove Road with his 57-year-old and attempting to make a left turn onto Acewood Boulevard when the motorcyclist traveling west on Cottage Grove Road struck the passenger side of the car.
The motorcyclist was taken to UW Hospital with traumatic injuries and later died from them. The woman in the car was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
14-year-old's death renews tribal policing question
Sheriff's office: Beloit man says he didn't kill woman, but disposed of body about 4 miles away
- 14-year-old's death renews tribal policing question
- Sheriff's office: Beloit man says he didn't kill woman, but disposed of body about 4 miles away
- Plane that led Normandy invasion discovered, restored
- Man falls through thin ice off shores of Brittingham Park, officials say
- Fitchburg police investigate shots fired, armed robbery
- OnStar helps police track down 14-year-old car thief, police say