MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old Stoughton man was killed Sunday afternoon in a motorcycle crash on Madison's east side.
Madison Fire Department spokesperson Cynthia Schuster said crews were dispatched to the intersection of Cottage Grove Road and Acewood Boulevard at 1:26 p.m. for a report of a vehicle versus motorcycle crash.
Investigators said a 51-year-old Madison man was driving east on Cottage Grove Road with his 57-year-old and attempting to make a left turn onto Acewood Boulevard when the motorcyclist traveling west on Cottage Grove Road struck the passenger side of the car.
The motorcyclist was taken to UW Hospital with traumatic injuries and later died from them. The woman in the car was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
'Promised they would keep her safe': Family sues assisted living facility after exposure death
Repeat domestic offender who was found hiding behind fake wall is bound over for trial
- 'Promised they would keep her safe': Family sues assisted living facility after exposure death
- Repeat domestic offender who was found hiding behind fake wall is bound over for trial
- People could be out of their homes for days after refinery blaze injures at least 11 people
- Accused 21-year-olds bound over for trial after assaulting police officers
- TV network yanks 'Cosby Show' reruns
- Police didn't send hundreds of rape kits for testing