WAUSAU, Wis. - Former Congressman Sean Duffy's ninth child was born with Down's syndrome and will require open-heart surgery in three to four months.
Duffy's wife Rachel Campos-Duffy posted Monday on Facebook that their daughter, Valentina StellaMaris Duffy, was born with two holes in her heart that will require open-heart surgery as expected.
The Wausau Daily Herald Media reports that Campos-Duffy also posted that the girl has Down syndrome.
Duffy resigned from Congress on Sept. 23, a week before his daughter's birth, to spend more time with his family. Campos-Duffy required an emergency C-section to deliver the baby a month before her due date.
There will be a special election to replace Duffy in the 7th Congressional District, which includes northern, central and northwest Wisconsin.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- PFC names Wahl official acting chief as search for permanent replacement begins
- Texas man suspected of killing girlfriend, infant daughter who moved from Wisconsin to be with him
- Schoep's Ice Cream Co. files for receivership
- City leaders address pedestrian safety on the isthmus
- Darlington police chief who was forgotten for the last 86 years to be honored for line-of-duty death
- Sun Prairie cutting down voter wait time by doubling up on polling places