WAUSAU, Wis. - Former Congressman Sean Duffy's ninth child was born with Down's syndrome and will require open-heart surgery in three to four months.
Duffy's wife Rachel Campos-Duffy posted Monday on Facebook that their daughter, Valentina StellaMaris Duffy, was born with two holes in her heart that will require open-heart surgery as expected.
The Wausau Daily Herald Media reports that Campos-Duffy also posted that the girl has Down syndrome.
Duffy resigned from Congress on Sept. 23, a week before his daughter's birth, to spend more time with his family. Campos-Duffy required an emergency C-section to deliver the baby a month before her due date.
There will be a special election to replace Duffy in the 7th Congressional District, which includes northern, central and northwest Wisconsin.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Gov. Evers signs bill to honor fallen staff sergeant; part of Highway 33 named in his memory
- State health officials launch investigation into E. coli infections
- Domestic offender who threatened officers, wife last year sentenced to three years in prison
- Karofsky suggests court incumbent is corrupt
- One killed in fatal rollover crash on Beltline, police say
- 'A true tragedy': Sheriff says abduction suspect shot victim; deputy shot, killed suspect