TOWN OF SPRING GROVE, Wis. - A Beloit man is facing an OWI charge after failing to stop at a stop sign and causing a crash.
According to a release from the Green County Sheriff's Office, 21-year-old Colton P. Van Marter was driving southbound on county highway T when he drove through a stop sign into the path of a vehicle driving eastbound. The 21-year-old's vehicle then went into a ditch and hit a sign post.
Robin M. Smith, of Beloit, was driving the vehicle headed eastbound. The 52-year-old's vehicle had severe front-end damage and was towed from the scene. Her injuries were not life-threatening.
Van Marter was airlifted to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
Van Marter is facing charges of second-offense OWI, failure to stop at a stop sign and operating while revoked, among other charges.
- Middleton bank robbed Monday afternoon, police say
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Drunken driver who struck, killed 24-year-old pedestrian sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison