MADISON, Wis. - A dump truck rollover crash was caused by brake failure, according to a news release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The truck was driving on County Highway N in the town of Pleasant Springs with a full load of rocks at 8:39 a.m Monday. The driver, 58-year-old Jody Hietpas, said he was driving about 40 mph when the brakes failed.
Hietpas said the truck would not slow down as he approached a roundabout, and the truck rolled onto its side and dumped the load into the street. There were no other vehicles involved in the crash.
Hietpas was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Officials closed the roundabout for about two hours while they responded.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is inspecting the truck, which is owned by MPJ trucking in Freedom.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Have you seen this man? Middleton police search for missing man
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue
- Stoughton coffee festival recognizes city's history of women in workforce