MADISON, Wis. - Richland County officials say a driver suffered a medical event while on the road Wednesday morning, lost control of their minivan and veered off into several parked vehicles at the Jones Chevrolet dealership location.
Karoline L. Nee, 64, was driving eastbound on U.S. Highway 14 when their vehicle hit a guardrail and crashed into four unoccupied vehicles parked in the front of the dealership, police said. Nee and one other passenger were transported to Richland Center Hospital for possible injuries.
Alcohol and speed were not contributing factors to the crash, police said.
Police say Nee faces tentative traffic charges, including failing to maintain control of a vehicle and a seat belt violation.
- Gov. Scott Walker on short list of those being considered for Interior Secretary position
- ‘This is a once-in-a-million thing': Plane crashes in Lodi resident's backyard
- Investigation underway after plane crashes in Lodi
- Teen robbed at gunpoint, forced to drive to credit union for money
- Verona hit-and-run crash causes $15k in damage to public property
- 'Bags of Hope' brings holiday groceries to hundreds of Janesville families