PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - No one was injured in a single-vehicle crash in which two vehicles almost collided while going over a hill Friday in Grant County, officials said.
Grant County sheriff’s deputies responded around 1:20 p.m. to a crash on Mockingbird Road in Lima Township, according to a release.
Jennifer Jerrett, 41, of Montfort, was driving north on Mockingbird Road in James Gifford’s 2009 Dodge Journey as 26-year-old Brooke Streight, 26, of Cuba City, was driving her 2014 Honda CR-V southbound on the same road, investigators said.
When Jerrett crested the hill north of Stubb Road on Mockingbird Road, she was left of center in the southbound lane, according to the release. Jerrett swerved to avoid colliding with Stregith, who was on the right side of the roadway in the southbound lane.
When Jerrett swerved, she left the east side of the roadway and over-corrected, losing control, investigators said. Jerrett crossed both lanes of traffic and left the east side of the roadway and went through a fence.
The vehicle Jerrett was driving stopped in a creek in a pasture, according to the release. There was a child in Jerrett’s vehicle who was in a car seat.
No one was injured in the crash.
Jerrett was cited for operating while suspended, operating left of center, failure to maintain control and failure to notify DMV of address change.
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery
- Milwaukee police investigate death of baby boy