MADISON, Wis. - A downed power line on Madison's west side blocked traffic for about two hours Thursday morning, officials said.
The Madison Police Department said that the power line went down at about 6:15 a.m. across Fish Hatchery Road near Plaenert Drive.
Fish Hatchery Rd is back open for traffic.— Madison Police (@madisonpolice) August 22, 2019
A power line is down across Fish Hatchery Rd near Plaenert Dr.. MG&E is working on the problem but the road will likely be blocked for about one hour. Motorists should stay away from the area.— Madison Police (@madisonpolice) August 22, 2019
A Madison Gas and Electric crew responded and was fixing the line and clearing the way, police said.
Motorists were advised to avoid the area, and the road was reopen by about 8:20 a.m.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Suspect shoots man in ear outside Walmart parking lot, arrested at Wisconsin hospital
- ‘We look forward to becoming good neighbors': Workforce housing complex approved in Middleton
- Father of Sandy Hook victim who sued conspiracy theorist awarded $450,000
- Elderly veteran still missing after August disappearance
- Rock County girl dedicates her 10th birthday to raising money for sheriff's K-9 unit
- Wisconsin police officer won't be charged in fatal shooting