TOWN OF PRIMROSE, Wis. - A 17-year-old boy is dead after his ATV collided with a car outside Verona Sunday afternoon, according to Dane County deputies.
Officials said Eric O'Connor was riding his ATV along County Road A in the town of Primrose when it collided with a vehicle going in the same direction. O'Connor was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two 17-year-olds riding in the car were uninjured and cooperated with investigators. Deputies say there is no evidence of alcohol or drug use by anyone involved in the crash. O'Connor was not wearing a helmet.
The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said O'Connor died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation said all lanes of traffic were blocked on state Highway 92 at County Road A for over two hours after the incident happened.
- Holiday donations show benefits of a good year
- More officers to be on the road to crack down on drunk driving
- Foundation asks for donations after University Avenue holiday lights stolen for the third time
- 100 calories of Christmas cookies
- 2 dead after mobile home fire in western Wisconsin
- Bill aims to make transferring college credits easier for high school students