RHINELANDER, Wis. - Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor to the Oneida County Humane Society in Northern Wisconsin, the shelter's cats are now free to approved adopters.
According to a Facebook post, the anonymous donor stopped in Tuesday and paid the adoption fees for all of the current cats at OCHS so the cats can find homes during the holidays. The shelter is located in Rhinelander, Wisconsin, and provides services to all of the Oneida County animals.
Currently there are 56 cats at the shelter.
The Facebook post said all cats are free for approved adopters until all of them are adopted.
"No words can express how grateful and truly thankful we are to a donor," the OCHS Facebook post said.
- Three injured in one-vehicle crash, officials say
- Officials responding to explosion in Middleton
- Pocan offers job to former FBI deputy
- Local student in custody after sending Snapchat threat, officials say
- Shots fired at Madison man attempting to enter home, officials say
- Wisconsin man convicted in death of 2-month-old son