DANE COUNTY, Wis. - The Dane County Humane Society is looking for homes for rats … 46 of them.
According to a Facebook post, the Humane Society has had several large surrender cases recently, and now those rats need new homes.
The rats are “friendly, inquisitive, adorable” and ready for adoption.
The Human Society said many are young rats and would do well as companions or adopted in pairs.
The rats are available for adoption at the Main Shelter, along with the Adoption Center West on Grand Canyon Drive and at the Mounds Pet Food Warehouse on Stoughton Road.
You can adopt one rat for $10 or two for $15 from the Dane County Humane Society.
The Human Society is asking for people to adopt and spread the word about the rodents ready to find new homes.
- Man leads police on chase after battery complaint
- Enthusiasts show off hovercrafts on Wisconsin River
- Emergency crews close area of Lancaster Street in Platteville for several hours
- 18-year-old killed, several injured after head-on collision in Montrose
- Woman accused of leaving 5 children in car while she gambled
- Two pedestrians taken to hospital after being struck by vehicle Sunday morning