MADISON, Wis. - A program in Dane County is helping low-income families become connected in the digital age.
Spectrum awarded a $15,000 grant to Dane Net to further their digital literacy classes in Dane County for 2018.
Spectrum Digital Education is a program that educates community members on the benefits of broadband and how to use it.
The company has also distributed 250 refurbished computers throughout the community.
Dane Net's goal is to have 1,000 people go through the digital literacy program by the end of next year.
- 21-year-old man crashes after looking down at phone
- Capitol Petro ordered to pay $1.2 million in assets for selling synthetic marijuana
- Missing Kenosha man found safe, officials say
- State relied on NAFTA for 2016 exports
- Greyhound driver in pursuit could face charges
- Police release surveillance images of gas station robbery