MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Office Freeway Service Truck surpassed a milestone this week as it rolled past 100,000 calls for service since its inception in December 2001.
According to a release, the truck services State Highway 12/18 between I-90 and Old Sauk Road. The service helps those on the highway with serious crashes, cars that have run out of gas and everything in between.
“The overall goal of the Freeway Service Team is to proactively keep traffic flowing on Madison’s busiest thoroughfare to prevent further incidents. Reaching a milestone of 100,000 calls on the Beltline is amazing," said Deputy Eric Novotny who serves as the first shift operator of the service truck. "We look forward to serving the community for many years to come."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue
- Stoughton coffee festival recognizes city's history of women in workforce
- Sun Prairie police ramping up security at Sweet Corn Festival in response to fight