BARABOO, Wis. - A woman who was driving the wrong way on told Sauk County deputies she was drunk Saturday morning, according to a news release.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office said the 911 center received more than a dozen calls at about 7 a.m. reporting a vehicle driving north in the southbound lanes on Highway 12 by Old Bluff Trail near Prairie du Sac.
According to the report, The vehicle continued in the wrong lanes for about 6 miles until the operator pulled off onto Ski Hi Road. The driver, 21-year-old Monica Rose Johnson from Stoughton, told deputies that she did not know what highway she was on and that she was “drunk” and just driving. Several witnesses told the sheriff's office that they had to take evasive action to avoid a head on crash with Johnson's vehicle.
Johnson was arrested and taken to the Sauk County Jail and charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and driving the wrong way on a divided highway.
- Oklahoma court removes some language in Pruitt FOIA ruling
- Minivan driver shot, crashes into tree in Racine
- Police: Violent mall thief breaks security guard's phone, faces intimidating witness charge
- Silly Yak Bakery set to close end of March
- Police: Road-rage driver drove at couple in wrong lane, threatened them with brass knuckles
- MPD: Neighbor tipped off by motion light chases, holds down trespasser