MADISON, Wis. - A 24-year-old woman needed multiple stitches after being struck in the head twice with a liquor bottle at an after-party on the 6700 block of Hammersley Road Saturday morning, police said.
According to an incident report, the woman said she was hit once in the eye and once in the back of the head by the host of an after-party.
The victim needed stitches to close a gash above her right eye which was swollen shut.
The release said the victim was hit in the head after a verbal dispute over a cover charge to the party.
Officers contacted the host, Cierra L. Jackson, later in the day, but she denied having a social gathering and hitting the victim.
Officers established probable cause to arrest Jackson and she was taken to jail.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- City of Madison declares racism a public health crisis
- Suspect shoots man in ear outside Walmart parking lot, arrested at Wisconsin hospital
- ‘We look forward to becoming good neighbors': Workforce housing complex approved in Middleton
- Father of Sandy Hook victim who sued conspiracy theorist awarded $450,000
- Elderly veteran still missing after August disappearance
- Rock County girl dedicates her 10th birthday to raising money for sheriff's K-9 unit