MADISON, Wis. - A 37-year-old Madison man is in custody for allegedly stabbing a woman on Madison's far west side Thursday morning, according to a release from the Madison Police Department.
Michael L. Wagner was booked into the Dane County Jail on one count of attempted first-degree homicide, according to the release.
Madison police said the woman was found at 1:17 a.m. inside a Chester Drive home.
Officers found the 25-year-old woman with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to a hospital, where she is listed in stable condition and is expected to survive, police said.
There were several small children in the home at the time of the attack. Wagner fled the scene in a car, police said.
Police said shortly after 10 a.m. that the man was taken into custody outside Dane County.
- Pick-your-own strawberry farms manage impacts of heavy rainfall
- Students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School heading to Wisconsin
- Woman makes history in Wisconsin Army National Guard
- Neighbors work to save homes from increasing levels on Lake Kegonsa
- Beloit Police bike team needs to 'work on our basketball'
- High E. coli levels close Green Lake beach