MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman faces her fifth drunken driving charge after driving without headlights on Friday afternoon with two children in the vehicle, police said.
An officer pulled a van over after seeing it without its headlights on around 5:45 p.m. in the 6400 block of Betty’s Lane, according to a release.
The driver, 43-year-old Latara T. Freeman, was transporting two children at the time, police said.
Freeman faces tentative charges of fifth-offense operating while intoxicated with a child under 16 years of age, operating a motor vehicle while revoked and operating a motor vehicle without headlights.
- Road crews caution drivers near Dells
- Sprecher's Restaurant & Pub to drain taps, close Friday
- Armed robber leaves with money from Middleton Associated Bank, police say
- Downtown restaurant assists with vehicle fire, officials say
- Suspicious person reported at Marshall High School Monday, officials say
- DOC: Milwaukee prisoner escapes from a work site