DARLINGTON, Wis. - A Darlington woman was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of prescription drugs, police said.
Officers with the Darlington Police Department responded to a crash on Ravine Street around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Darlington police said it appears a car, driven by Jayne Russel, 67, crossed over the center of the street into the westbound lane of traffic and collided head-on with a parked SUV.
Russel was transported to a hospital.
Initial findings suggest she was operating under the influence of a prescription controlled substance, Darlington police said.
Russel was cited on suspicion of operating under the influence.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
Police: Man arrested for involvement in Thursday night shooting; man treated for gun shot wound
- Finance Committee approves funding for police-oversight position
- Madison Finance Committee approves program to offset cost of wheel tax for people on food stamps
- ‘I'm blessed': Marlon Anderson happy to have job back, but says fight isn't over
- How Corey Pompey became UW-Madison's new band director
- Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
- First-ever virtual reality class taught at Madison College