MADISON, Wis. - A 39-year-old woman is accused of stealing a classic comic books worth hundreds of dollars from an east Madison store, police said.
Employees at Graham Crackers Comics on East Washington Avenue had previously banned Crystal R. Williams from the comic book store because past retail theft cases, Madison police said.
She was back inside Graham Crackers Comics Sunday at 12:41 p.m., and she put seven classic comic books in a bag, according to a report.
Williams left without paying, and officers found her in a nearby parking lot, police said. The woman turned over the comics, which included a Superman and an Ironman book.
The stolen books had a total retail value of $435, police said.
Williams is facing a charge of retail theft and trespassing. Police said Williams is homeless.
- Badgers WR Quintez Cephus taking leave of absence from team
- 'It's beyond rare:' Waunakee shooting hits close to home for next-door neighbor
- Medical examiner identifies Waunakee shooting victim
- Officials identify Waunakee shooting victim
- Fatal shooting at Lafayette Co. DNR shooting range
- Police identify suspect in Waunakee shooting