WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - A judge has ordered a Wisconsin woman to spend at least nine months in jail for harming her baby in a hospital.
Twenty-five-year-old Holly Fields of Plover was sentenced Tuesday after pleading no-contest to physically abusing a child.
WSAW-TV reports Fields also was ordered to repay $157,000 for her child's medical care.
Investigators say Fields brought her 10-month-old baby to a Marshfield hospital in April 2018 because she was concerned the child wasn't gaining weight.
But the baby did not improve after three weeks in the hospital. Surveillance was set up, and court documents say Fields tampered with nutrients connected to her baby's feeding tube.
Fields told the judge she's "really sorry for everything." She will be on probation for eight years and must complete 200 hours of community service.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- State Patrol schedules aerial enforcement in Dane County
- Protesters gather at Capitol, MG&E to demand clean energy, climate action
- Reported threat to Sun Prairie high school deemed not credible
- Wisconsin legislators push in-state tuition for tribes
- AFP targets Democratic legislators in 2020 races
- Get your gourd early! Cold, wet weather kills 20-percent of pumpkins as local farms prepare to open