HOUSTON, Tex. - Prosecutors say a Wisconsin man must serve 11 years in federal prison for traveling to Texas with the intention of having sex with a 4-year-old girl.
Benjamin David Sherwood of La Crosse, Wisconsin, was sentenced Thursday in Houston as part of an online sting. The 42-year-old Sherwood in August pleaded guilty to travel with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct and also to enticement of a minor.
Authorities say Sherwood in 2015 thought he was chatting with a mother offering her then-2-year-old daughter for sex. The woman is in law enforcement and there's no child.
Prosecutors say Sherwood in May was arrested in Houston where he'd rented a hotel room and had child clothes and a stuffed animal in anticipation of sex with a preschooler.
Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Call for Action: Power company to cut down trees near lines instead of trimming them
- Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- 2 teens charged in central Wisconsin gun shop burglary
- Hot dog chili sauce recalled due to mislabeling
- Blackhawk Tech consolidating campuses, expanding programs