BARRON, Wis. - Authorities in Barron, Wisconsin, are planning to provide an update on their investigation into the apparent abduction of a 13-year-old girl whose parents were killed.
Jayme Closs has been missing since her parents, James and Denise Closs, were found fatally shot in their home on Oct. 15.
This weekend marks two months since the disappearance of 13 year old Jayme Closs in Barron, WI, following the homicides of her two parents. We continue to seek information in the case from the public. Please call the Barron County Sheriff's tip line at 1-855-744-3879. #FindJayme pic.twitter.com/nP8HGDeAqF— FBI Milwaukee (@FBIMilwaukee) December 16, 2018
Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says next week will mark 90 days since authorities believe Jayme was abducted. He plans to update the media on Jan. 15 about new partners and an expanded team that's working to find her.
Fitzgerald says this is still an active case and he'll provide as much information as he can without jeopardizing the investigation.
Detectives have pursued thousands of tips, watched dozens of surveillance videos and spent countless hours searching for Jayme, but their efforts haven't yielded any suspects.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Sheriff defends Jayme Closs 911 response
- Initial claims for unemployment in Wisconsin climb nearly 18 percent since government shutdown began
- Officer cleared in shooting of Beaver Dam man, DA says
- Wisconsin man faces felony in stabbing friend's pet rat
- Monona police looking for man who robbed pizza parlor
- Fire crews worked for hours to put out fire at Janesville Recycling Center