MADISON, Wis. - Damage from an unruly patron at a Madison library Thursday morning will cost more than $1,000 to repair, police said.
Madison police said Madison Public Library staff estimated damage at $1,200 after a boisterous man ripped a baby-changing table off of the wall inside the men's room at the normally quiet Hawthorne Branch on East Washington Avenue.
Witnesses told police that the suspect, 26-year-old Keenan C. Walker, had been stomping his foot, pacing and singing when he jumped on the changing station, just before tearing it down.
Walker is facing charges of criminal damage to property and resisting or obstructing police.
Police said Walker is homeless.
- Whitewater police investigate pedestrian hit-and-run crash
- Darlington police look for suspects in car chase
- Five sent to hospital in car vs. buggy crash
- State police: 2 killed in single-vehicle crash
- Man arrested for drunk driving after hitting signs, light pole, driving in yard, police say
- Retails thefts result in three arrested Saturday, police say