JANESVILLE, Wis. - The trial for a man accused of stabbing a woman 30 times and killing her while she was on the toilet started Monday.
Julian Collazo, 21, is accused of killing 43-year-old Christine Scaccia-Lubeck and then fleeing to Missouri before getting caught in Dec. 2017.
According to a criminal complaint, while Collazo was in jail following his arrest, an inmate asked him what he was in for. In the complaint, the inmate said Collazo told him he killed Scaccia-Lubeck because he wanted to prove to another woman that he could protect her.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Marquette County deputies ask public for help in finding suspected burglar caught on camera
- ‘Life is a priority': Madison considers joining project to bring severe traffic injuries to zero
- LGBT groups ask city of Beloit to ban conversion therapy practice
- Rape Crisis Center questions why man convicted of child sex assault likely won't serve prison time
- School bus rollover injures 1 student in western Wisconsin
- DNR: Deer hunting license sales on par with 2018