MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old’s iPhone X, worth $1,500, was stolen last week at a gas station after the thief asked to use the phone, police said.
Another teen asked the 19-year-old to use his cellphone around 4:40 p.m. outside the Mobil gas station at 4601 Verona Road, according to a release.
The 19-year-old was reluctant, so he dialed the number for the teen and put it on speaker so he could maintain control, police said. But when he began to make the call, the thief grabbed the iPhone and ran away.
The teen is described as black, 5 feet 5 inches tall and clean shaven. He was wearing a black beanie hat and dark jeans.
Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway
Woman reported missing from Janesville found safe, officials say
- Sheriff: Hoax call reporting shooting, hostage situation shut down highway
- Beloit Turner voters to consider $26.8M referendum on April ballot
- Dump truck driver dumps dirt, rocks into traffic during police pursuit, sheriff says
- Woman reported missing from Janesville found safe, officials say
- Man accused of attacking 2 women near UW-Madison pleads not guilty to new charges
- About 70 treated after air quality forces school evacuation